Monday, May 12, 2008

And So It Begins...

So, the original plan was to leave at a solid 8 AM in the morning, but if you know anything about us, you probably know what actually happened. After visiting and revisting our houses as well as a short stop at Wal-Mart, we left Athens at 9:40....accurately predicted by myself I might add.

Due to gameday planning, we decided to head to Navarre Beach on a whim and stopped in Columbus on the way down. The total mileage today was approximately 450 miles but we are keeping at accurate count that isn't at hand.

Navarre Beach was completely abandoned and awesome, especially since we got about 3 hours on the beach to play around. Wade "I only throw the football with the wind" Wisdom and Jeff "I like to dream about watching myself sleep" Elrod both fell asleep and forced me to drive for approximately 30-50 miles on my own through the no man's land that is Alabama (circa Dothan). Luckily, I made them pay by forcing them to listen to Colbie Caillat when they finally rose from their slumber.

After a death-defying drive over the Navarre Beach bridge, we found our "camping" place for the evening. Hopefully, we won't be asked to leave prematurely.

Luckily, Lochmiel, Rochmiel, and Cockmiel are having a great trip so far. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

2 comments:

DCAnonymity said...

I cant believe you just made a Colbie reference in your blog. Go listen to New Found Glory.

Georgia Tech Chapter Alumni Board said...

Please tell me wade is cockmiel