Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Big Easy?

So...

We left Navarre Beach at a fairly early and incredibly uncomfortable hour, but most of the uneasiness was due to the long and fretful night the three of us spent sleeping in the car. Yeah, that was a ton of fun.

But anyways, after a relatively light drive, we arrived at our incredibly cheap but extremely satisfying hotel in New Orleans. After exercising (thank god!) and taking showers, we left for downtown and Bourbon Street.

Then the fun began. Not really.

Just one expensive meal and a lot of uncomfortable walking around "rainbow village" and "skank alley" more commonly known as the French Quarter. It was all of our first times on the Bourbon Street and what a deflowering it was. I like to equate the French Quarter to an more tacky (if possible) version of Panama City Beach rolled into the dirty and oily back alleys of New York City. If I never have to come back to New Orleans (except for when the Bulldawgs play in the Sugar Bowl or National Championship), my life will probably not be for the worse.

Anyways, we did hit up this bar and get "Huge Ass Beers" and tried to chat with this incredibly unresponsive bartender. Luckily, the beers meet their name and will effectively get ya drunk. Although not drunk enough to enjoy one of the many nice "gentlemen's" clubs around with all the beautiful eye candy New Orleans has to offer. (Read: I'm talking about strip clubs with "barely legal" strippers...get it get it get it).

Jeff "I sleep because I'm lonely and I'm lonely because I sleep" Elrod helped drive the second half of the day today to get us to Dallas, but not before get this, sleeping, for the first five hours that I drove through Lousiana and faced its gail force winds and rain. I've heard those have been a problem in the state before.


Wade "Can I please get 4 towels NOW PLEASE!" Wisdom helped provide comic relief and wept inside and outside with me when we thought the radio had died. The day the music died. Luckily, I used my magical prowess over technology to fix the radio and the good times rolled.
Point is, we made it Texas, to the city of my birth, and are staying with Wade's Grandparents as we plan to enjoy all of the "bigger" things in Texas.

No comments: